BRAIDED line ????????

DropShot65

I'm finally tired of the line twist from my mono on my spinning reels...I would like to upgrade to a very smooth and round Braid in the 6-12 lb. class for my freshwater setups. I've tried the old Power Pro version years ago but found it to be noisy and very grippy on the spool due to its file type feel .

What are you guys using nowadays and what are some of the pros and cons of your choices ?

Thanks
Wayne

I like the green power pro in some of the lightest pound test they offer. Sometimes I use a fluorocarbon leader…cuz pickeral will slice the braid very easily…but fluoro has a bit of a chance against abrasion. The sensitivity of the braid is insane…can feel very rock, weed, n strike. Casts a mile! I walk off 75 yds of power pro down at my local school ball field and reel it on a spool that has old mono filling 2/3 of the spool….this way I get 2 reels per 150 yds of power pro. It sometimes gets some weird small tangles so keep a safety pin or straightened hook available to pick away at the tangle til it comes undone

I like the green power pro in some of the lightest pound test they offer. Sometimes I use a fluorocarbon leader…cuz pickeral will slice the braid very easily…but fluoro has a bit of a chance against abrasion. The sensitivity of the braid is insane…can feel very rock, weed, n strike. Casts a mile! I walk off 75 yds of power pro down at my local school ball field and reel it on a spool that has old mono filling 2/3 of the spool….this way I get 2 reels per 150 yds of power pro. It sometimes gets some weird small tangles so keep a safety pin or straightened hook available to pick away at the tangle til it comes undone

Is that the original PP or the newer v2 slick version ?

Back